November 16, 2015
Welcome Back! I hope everyone had a great break! We are well in to the swing of things, post report cards and are jumping feet first into a new theme. BEARS!! We are going to become bear experts over the next few weeks and are so excited to get started.
A few things to mention:
1. A sight word review page was sent home today. Please review these with your child. At the beginning of December there will be a second "Sight Word Check-in", to see how your child has progressed.
2. If you weren't able to make it to Parent Teacher Interviews and would still like to see me, please let me know. I gave away many resources to some parents at the interviews and I wouldn't want anyone to miss out. Thanks!
3. Hot lunch forms went home in your child's agenda today. They are due Friday.
4. December Scholastic book orders are coming home soon. If you would like to place an order as a Christmas gift, please CLEARLY state this somewhere on your order form. When the books arrive I will contact you directly for pick up.
5. Home Reading: Thanks for continuing to write the names of the books your child is reading in his/her agenda!
6. Please be sure to clearly label all mitts, snow pants, hats and boots. It's such a big help when we have 4 or 5 pairs/items that look alike. Remember, students will continue to go outside for recess until it is -20 outside. I give students LOTS of time to get dressed prior to going out, so please send the items they'll need to stay warm.
Thanks so much, and as always, if there are any questions, please feel free to email me at any time.
Click HERE to read the MMH November newsletter.